Thursday, May 28, 2009

Exercise-the new four letter word

I freakin hate exercise. I'm not going to lie and try to convince people that sweat running down my crack is exciting or desirable. I do now know that it has become a necessary evil now that I am getting older. I look at my 92 yr old grandmother and see the extreme of the progression of aging and how she has given up fighting for her mobility and strength. At some point you have to make the decision to pick your ass up and start fighting for your health.
Turning 40 has become very enlightening in that respect. Having a baby at 40 really popped on a spotlight! You just don't bounce back after having a baby at 40. You also don't lose the weight with children 4-6 as you did with 1-3. Sad but true. I find myself fighting the battle of the bulge yet again. (disclaimer to say I am not as fat as the redheaded freak that Ford boy sent to spy on me on Twitter) I hate this battle but I consider what life will be like in a few years if I don't get in gear now.
A dear friend suggested the Wii active. I would like to kick her ass but my damn legs are too sore today so she is safe. It is a really fun way to get moving and burn calories without thinking too much. I started the 30 day program and will be glad to report at the end of 30 days how things went. I really like the boxing and volleyball but hate running in place and the inline skating. It is much like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant. You have to do it to get that comment. I plan on doing the low intensity for this 30 days and then moving up to med for 30 and then high for 30. That is 90 planned days of physical activity and may be the longest exercise commitment I have ever made. No one hold their breath please.
Now if there were a pill or machine that you just could get on to lose the inches and pounds I would trade....well just about anything for it! I may even be so desperate that I would turn in my Odyssey for a Ford Focus! Now that's desperate and sad! Sorry-had to.

0 comments: