Tuesday, May 5, 2009

You make it look so easy

if only I had $1 for every time I heard that! It is by no means easy having 6 kids and I will never try to say otherwise. I do often say that it is downhill from number 3 as that seemed to be the hardest transition for me. I think I have just learned to let more go, drink wine more often, and laugh at myself more. Seriously, 6 kids? That's nuts from even where I am standing. I laugh at the show Jon & Kate plus 8. Just ridiculous really. Does she think 8 kids is that many? The Duggars could teach her a few things-like being nice for one. What I wouldn't give to only have had to be pregnant 2 times, potty train 3 times(she did the little boys/girls in 2 rounds), and to have a whipping boy as a husband. Her life really is a TV show...but I digress.Cooking, cleaning, laundry all would happen no matter how many kids we have so I really don't dwell on that. The amount of the cooking, cleaning, and laundry is what kills me. Diapers since 1995 is what kills me. Not sleeping through the night since late 1994..well that would kill most people but not me. LOLTime management is the hardest part especially with T being so ....babyish! Silly 5 month old! I get little done and when I do that is only doomed when you add in my serious ADD. Complete a task I cannot! The mess is visually assaulting at times but I can't stress about it. Little J destroys as much as I can clean up and more. Why bother until they have all gone to bed?! Well by that point I am too tired to pick up and it falls on DH who I know just loves me for it. As far as making it look easy..well I just think that the kids are used to being good in public, seriously. For the most part they behave badly just for us! I am okay with the noise and chaos that comes with 6 but it probably throws some people for a loop to witness our dinner table or watch us pile out of the van. I guess we are a site but as they say, "Better to have your hands full than empty!".
Then there are people who have kids dispite the reality that they can't afford them. Not that the government should sanction them but seriously who pays for all of the extra little tax burdens? Not the people who declare bankruptcy and walk away from debt and resposibility! Perhaps the government should say, "well if you can't pay your bills why are you bringing another mouth to feed into the world?" maybe if you suddenly found the means to have more kids you should repay a bit of that debt? No? Will these children seriously stand a chance of having the best of anything? Yes one can claim time spent with them, love, blah, blah, blah. But really what you are doing is repeating a cycle of irresponsible behavior and fortifying the need for government programs and aid that certain walks of life have become experts at exploiting. white trash

1 comments:

Mikris4 said...

Ever hear the saying, work harder people on welfare depend on you! Well I will pass that message along to my awesome hubby and my wealthy grandparents!