Friday, May 22, 2009

If he weren't cute he'd be dead

I think that often about my 3 yr old son. There are days that he pushes me to the brink and back. What goes on in the mind of a 3 yr old boy? What possesses him to flush stuff down the toilet? Climb with his hands and feet into the cleaning lady's mop bucket? Roll on his brother? Color on the wall? Go get himself a Vitamin Water at 1 am and bring it to me to open? We'll never know. This little boy does stuff the older 2 never did. He knows how to pop popcorn in the microwave for crying out loud! WHAT HE SEES HE CAN DO! (I plan on blindfolding the baby here shortly to keep him out of the loop) There's no hiding things or tricking this little boy about anything. When you are number 5 you learn to run with the big dogs I guess.

Right now he is tired. He is laying on the love seat watching Special Agent OSO on Disney channel trying to keep his eyes open. That is my desperation move when he needs a nap. TV! Soon his lids will begin to droop and his head will flop and there will be peace in the house at least for a few hours. I will glance over at him as I have done many times and think, "He's so cute and that's what keeps me from killing him some days! LOL". Soon enough he will start preschool and then be off to Kindergarten and I will long for the days he was under my feet. Cherish these days I hear over and over again. I'm trying I really am!

0 comments: